Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lions, Oh My!!!


We went to the Little Rock Zoo today! The weather was beautiful and it was so nice to get out and see something Logan could really enjoy! He really liked seeing the giraffes
He liked hanging around with his dad
He loved the farm area
He really liked the fire truck we saw (I don't know why they were there, but there was an ambulance too)
Dan's favorite by far was the lion.
You could go up to a window and be right next to him
Okay, so lets take some pictures with him.
Dan told me to go ahead and get in the picture tooThe second after Dan took this picture the lion leaped up onto the glass and was trying to attack. Logan darted off to get behind Dan, and instinctively went right down to protect Brynlee who was in the wrap. I know there was glass between us, but it was automatic. Dan thought it scared me so bad I had fallen over. He could hardly breath he was laughing so hard... he even continued to take pictures!I know I exaggerate some stories, but ask Dan, I am not exaggerating at all. This lion was looking for food and thought my babies looked good! I banged my knee up pretty goodand sweet little B slept through the whole thing!I am sure if anyone else was in the lion area with us they would have been laughing too. I'm glad Dan got a good laugh, and he promised if I would post these pictures then I could post the pictures of him on his new scooter.

8 comments:

Susie said...

The look on your face is priceless!!! Thank heavens you protected B!!! SO FUNNY- but sorry about your knee!

Susie said...

PS- Maybe the lion was attracted to Baby B's flower!

Chelsea said...

The flower is almost as big as her head... but I don't mind being flashy

Sara said...

I know I shouldn't be laughing but I am! You're face is definitely priceless. What a great mom you are though with your first instint to protect your baby.

Jodie said...

That is so funny! I am sorry but I got a good laugh! That would totally happen to me (I think that is why I laughed so hard!!) The pictures are darling. The flower is too! I think that it looks darling on her head...love it! ( I love things like that...maybe because I don't have any girls!)

Michele said...

I'm so glad that Dan had the presence of mind to keep taking pictures as the lion was attacking you and your children. I have definitely been to one of those zoos where the only thing between you and a giant animal is a piece of glass and it is a little scary! Glad you all are ok and that B made it through the experience!

Beck said...

That is histarical. Just bruising your knee is pretty darn good. I probably would have peed my pants. So glad my brave brother was just laughing at his poor banged up wife. Meanie!! That is so Anderson of him!

Bobbie said...

OMG, that was so funny, but sorry you got hurt. I probably would have done the same thing. I am glad you guys have gone back. But I agree its probably for the best that you skipped the lion exhibit.