Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy Belated Anniversary To Us


Dan and I celebrated our 7th anniversary in December. We have had quite the adventure over the last 7 years! Our adventure has stretched from Utah, to New Mexico, to Arizona, back to Utah, and now to Arkansas (all of these places include 7 total moves). Since being married, Dan graduated magna cum laude (all 3 times) with 2 associates and 1 bachelors degree, I graduated from beauty school and phlebotomy school. Dan has worked as an aviation dispatcher, a flight instructor, scene builder, professional airline pilot, and now for Chick-fil-A. I have worked as a hairdresser, a phlebotomist, and now a stay at home mom. We have been able to do a bit of traveling, and we have been able to meet so many people and make lifetime friendships. We built a home together. Our biggest accomplishment, of course, is our little guy Logan. I think the last 2 years have been the most amazing in our marriage. We went from a long time together as a couple, to a small little family. We are so excited to see our family develop more over the next year with the addition of one more member of our family. Everyone seems to be worried about how Logan will react, but I know our sweet little girl with have Logan and Dan wrapped around her finger immediately. Logan loves his baby cousins, and always wants to help them and play with them.

Dan has been an amazing partner for all these adventures. Pregnancy is hard on him, and this time is no different. With Logan I never got over the morning sickness. All 40+ weeks. I wasn't as sick at the beginning this time, but I am much more sick now at the end. I am up throwing up around the clock, and trying so hard to make these last few weeks of Logan's alone time still enjoyable. Dan has been amazing, I have to depend on him for so much more. He gets up EVERY morning with Logan and feeds him breakfast and plays with him until I can drag myself out of bed. I love walking in to hear them talking, or see Logan cuddled up to Dan with a book. Dan missed a lot of time with Logan while he was flying, I know this time is so special to both of them. It is so sweet that Logan will call (or squeal) "DADDY, DADDY, DADDY!!!" to come get him out of his room in the morning. It is Logan's favorite part of the day. Dan has rearranged his schedule at work so he works really late every night, but he is home to play Super Dad every morning. On top of Super Dad duties, this morning Dan also cleaned both bathrooms and did some grocery shopping to help out. I hope he doesn't collapse by the time the baby comes!


I truly married Superman. I couldn't be luckier!

(Sorry this blog was a little braggy)

5 comments:

Mickelle said...

Aw, Dan is AWESOME! ...I had no idea you were so miserable this time around! I can 100% commiserate. No wonder you're counting down the days! January can drag, but your baby girl will be here before you know it!

Joe*Nikki said...

What a sweet little family! Happy Belated Anniversary!!

Sara said...

That was very cool to read. You guys have been through a lot over the years. So many adventures. I'm so sorry you've been so sick. Wish I lived closer to lend a hand but so glad that with Dan's new job he's around to be superdad.

Kristina said...

i can't believe you live in Arkansas! wow! sounds like you guys have been all over the place, it was good to get a little synopsis on what you've been up to...

Michael said...

I can't believe it's been seven years. Congrats on the anniversary, and can't wait to check back and see what other adventures you're up to.