Friday, February 4, 2011

I Admit It...

I am willing to admit it. I am a bad mom. I have had the hardest time taking Logan's binky away. He only gets it when going to bed, and according to Dan I have had "good excuses" for over a year now not to take it away. Dan finally forced the issue and we (mostly him) decided its time. We talked at length about it with Logan and we came up with a plan that included 3 of his loves. His binky, the moon, and airplanes. We decided we would take his binky to the aerospace museum and leave it with an airplane to fly it to the moon.
Before we left that morning he willingly put his binky in his pocket to take. He was so excited to see all the airplanes!I love this picture. Logan is such a mini DanLogan and Brynlee in the learning center
The chosen plane. Dan could tell you all about the plane, I just know it is the fastest airplane in the world.Placement of the binkyI was able to photograph the plane my grandfather flew in World War IIBrynlee just wanted to get out of her stroller and run around!
We had a great morning, Logan was really brave about leaving his binky. He has done really good going to bed at night without his binky, okay at naptime. Poor kid.

7 comments:

Dan said...

What an EPIC day! I love our little family.

Jill Skouson said...

How fun! That's a really good idea! Did you really leave the binky there?

Grandma Cheryl said...

What great pictures! How cute is that look on his face, I sense another pilot in the family one day.

Chelsea said...

No, I circled back around and grabbed it while Dan distracted Logan. Logan is really obsessed with flying, but more interested in helicoptors, so maybe a helicopter pilot?

Ryan & Whitney said...

Such a cute idea and pictures!! I love that it was going to the moon!! B looks so big--I can't believe she's almost walking!!!

Anonymous said...

You're not a bad mom, you're just a smart one :) I sent this to a friend at work and she loved it.

Sara said...

Um, I'm thinking you're a fantastic mom to come up with such a great way to get him to give up the binky. Awesome job.