Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Miss Muggins!


March 11 is our little Nellie girls 4th birthday! I can't believe she has been with us 4years already. When Dan brought home a puppy for me to keep me company while he traveled, I immediatly fell in love. Nellie has always been very sweet and social for a chihuahua. We thought she would get to about 6 pounds, but has kept her girlish figure at a weight of only 3 1/2 pounds! Dans family always calls her a barbie dog, she has the LONGEST legs with a skinny little body. My family thinks she looks like a soda can on spatula legs! Here are 4 things I love about Nellie;
1. She loves Dan, and always has. They are special buddies, she even prefers to sleep with him over me. He gave her the nickname of Miss Nellie Muggins (I think after cotton headed nilly muggins on the movie Elf).
2. She tries so hard to be nice to Logan. Even when Logan is mauling her, she tries. Logan will usually sit in his highchair and throw Cherios down to her waiting. I think it helps Nellie like him a little. Nellie also really likes stealing Logans toys!
3. Nellie seems to know when somebody is sick. Even when I was pregnant and feeling yucky, she would come cuddle me. She will cuddle anyone for 20 hours straight if they are sick and need her!
4. you couldn't bribe Nellers to run away. A few times I have left her in the yard on accident, she will just sit by the front door and wait for you to find her. She has rarely been on a leash outside of the airport (she LOVES to travel and go on the airplane). She loves to go on walks and run around

I can't imagine being without our little Nellie girl!

5 comments:

Beck said...

Happy birthday Barbie girl! We love little Nellie, even though she licks her crotch and then my face :)

powellpig2000 said...

Happy B-day Nellie. (I can't believe I just wished her happy b-day!) Do you want another one I know someone who is getting rid of one named Sparkle!

Anonymous said...

Nellie is my favorite grand-dog. I love her dearly. We have a special bond. Happy Birthday Nellie!

Jones Family said...

Your little Nellie is so cute. I'm so happy you got to go on a cruise kid free... I love Suselini. She is such a good mom for watching Logan. I bet he got totally spoiled!

Mickelle said...

Aw, she sounds like an awesome puppy!