Thursday, May 29, 2008

Logan Joseph

after a long 5 1/2 years of being a married couple, we are finally a family of three!

my mom was nice enough to post pictures on my blog while i was still in the hospital, i cant believe it has taken me almost a week to post my own! we were supposed to be induced on may 15th but the hospital is new and could not fit me in until may 23! (other than the waiting) everything went really well! i was only in labor for about 5 hours and delivery was a breeze. im really lucky everything went so well, and we have such an easy baby! he sleeps and eats really well. we are tired, but getting more sleep than we expected to.

my aunt marcia and uncle dick happened to be in salt lake for the weekend and were able to come spend a few hours with us on saturday at the hospital. it was so nice to have them come! dans sister and her husband are in hawaii and havent seen him, (i cant wait for them to get home) but pretty much everyone else has made it over to see him (ryan came while he was here on business, whit is patiently waiting to come)! emma has loved having a cousin and told mandy something along the lines of he is cute, even though he is a boy. she loves to hold him and give him kisses. sophie is good with him as long as mandy doesnt hold him! dans nieves and nephew havent seen him yet because they have been sick!

after 3 years of being an only child nellie is doing okay for the most part. she mostly just ignores him!

we brought him home sunday and my whole family (except whitney and ryan) came over for dinner, and it was nice to just have everyone around. other than that, we have just been hanging around the house. we have had to take him everyday for bloodwork for jaundice (he is on the lights at home) and we had him circumcised on wednesday (poor guy)! Tonight will be my first night alone with him, dan has a trip but gets back tomorrow night.

thanks to everyone who sent their well wishes! watch for more pictures soon!
proud daddy
dans parents
friday night after he was born

emmas first kershaw cousin

9 comments:

Susie said...

Oh my gosh, that is the cutest picture of him with his face all scrunched up- and he sure looks like an Anderson! Daddy and I are so proud of what a great job you are doing- my phone will be on all night if you need to call- love you!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you! He is as handsome as could be and you look GREAT! Hope to see him soon!

Jill Skouson said...

He's beautiful Chelsea! Congrats!

Susie said...

Hey Chelsea, this is daddy. I just wanted to tell you how great I think you're doing with Logan. It's fun to know that I can tell people now that I have a grandson- only one more boy needed and we'll be even with the girls! Love You!

Cortney said...

he is so cute!!! they do not get any sweeter! it makes me very anxoius for our baby! hope ya'll all are good!!

Mickelle said...

Aw, Chelsea! I can't wait to see him in person! If you're feeling good enough, we should all get together over the fourth of July or something. I still haven't even seen Peyton in person, so it would be fun to have the three of them together.

Ryan & Whitney said...

I can't wait to meet him, he is so cute!

Michele said...

Chels, he is too cute- I can't believe you are a mom! I hope you are handling it all ok, I know the first six months were the hardest months of my entire life! I know you will be a great mom and I am slightly jealous that even after childbirth your hair looks perfect! Good luck, call anytime you need any advice(not that I'm a super mom or anything but I did just go through it:)

Anonymous said...

Great work.