Thursday, April 24, 2008

Big Boy

So I think we should quit calling the baby "little guy" (as my sisters have named him... did we wait to long to pick out a name?). We went to the doctors on tuesday and I told the doctor (like I do every time) that Im nervous he is going to be huge. Dan weighed in at almost 10 pounds and I was like 7 pounds but a few weeks early. Every time I tell him he says he feels pretty normal, except this time! The Dr. said he is feeling a little big so we had an ultrasound done on Wednesday to check the size. I am 36 weeks right now and his body is measuring 37 weeks 1 day (not bad, just a little big) and already weighs 6 pounds 11 ounces. The only thing that measured really big was his head, measuring in at 39 weeks!!! We see the doctor next Wednesday so I am anxiously waiting to hear what the Dr. says about the ultrasound and we should also get a date of when he will induce me (he is inducing me mainly because then we know Dan will be there and not flying around the country somewhere). I will keep you updated!

8 comments:

Michele said...

Take it from me, having a big baby is NOT fun! But it is nice when they are newborns because you don't feel like they can break quite as easily. I'm glad you posted because I was going to try and track down your email and this makes it much easier. I'm coming to Utah next weekend and I think that we should all get together. I want Nate to meet Dan and maybe we could convince Lindsey and Matt to come so I could actually meet him. And I would love to see Mandy, Jon, and the girls. So do you think we could work it all out? We are only in town for two days so it would have to be Saturday night. Let me know if it will work for you all. Talk to you soon!

Susie said...

He's going to be GIANOURMOUS!!! Just teasing- I think we'll stick with "the little guy" though!

Mandy said...

Wow....the little guy already weighs more than Emma did when she was born....8 days late!!! Don't stress out about it too much! The Dr and Nurses are all pros! They will know exactly how to take care of you and the little guy!!!

Ryan & Whitney said...

That just sounds painful! Just kidding, I'm sure it will be fine. And I agree with Mom, we'll stick with the "little guy" Sorry I can't be there to give you a pregnancy massage, it would definitely help with the anxiety!!!

Cortney said...

don't worry chelsea, that is what epidurals are for. i just kept telling matt to find someone to give me more lidocaine (or whatever the awesome drug was). i am sure the dr. will let you go pretty soon!! nothing anyone says will make it better, but really it is not so bad, you will do good!!

Jill Skouson said...

What is his name going to be?

Mickelle said...

Awww... I can't wait to see him!!! Oh, we're blessing Mary Elizabeth on Sunday, and we'd love to have you around if you'd like. The blessing is at 12:20. Call for directions -- 762-7452.

Hang in there! They told Kate that Tanner would be over 7 lbs. with the ultrasound they did right before he was born -- and he only ended up being 5 lbs. and some-odd ounces!

Oh -- and I have a blog now, too! scottandmickelle.blogspot.com

Cortney said...

when are you having that boy???