Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Trip to Canada


So last week I was able to go with Dan on a trip to Canada overnight. He was scheduled to fly there Friday morning and back Saturday morning. I recently recieved my passport (remember in April when I could have gone to the Bahamas but didnt have a passport? The post is in April sometime) and decided I would love to go on a flight where Dan was flying. I havent flown with Dan being the pilot since we were first married (we havent really had the extra money since then to rent a plane!). Dan was a total rock star, I have never felt a smoother take off or landing.

We went to Edmonton in Alberta. It was really pretty there, especially where their big river is. We didnt really do much, we went to lunch and walked around their mall. The mall there is the 2nd biggest mall in the world and is pretty amazing. It has an amusment park, a waterpark, a big lake with submarine rides in it. There was also a spot where they had flamingos, walruses, and sharks. We also saw a store called 2 men and a pipe with a big pot leaf picture on the front of the store... is marijuana legal there?


I started back to work this week, back to real life! I think I will really enjoy my job, I will be drawing blood at a doctors office a few minutes from my house. It is across the street from a Target and big shopping center!

4 comments:

Susie said...

I'm so excited you finally got to use your passport- maybe next year you will get to use it in Europe!! Hope work is going well and you're adjusting to real life!

Mandy said...

How fun! I am glad you got to use your passport! It is lots of fun to get a stamp in it! I have heard that Canada is beautiful! I think you should leave the calling Dan a rock star for the bedroom!!!! That is just like you to find the mall!!! I am going to have to call you mini-suz!!! JK! That sounds like the coolest mall! I am glad you will like your job that makes it so much easier! Hope to see you soon!

Michele said...

Glad you had a fun time in Canada, it must feel so nice to have a passport. You can just pick up and leave the country whenever you want to! That seems a little dangerous for you to be working so close to a Target :) We did miss you at the shower, I wish we had thought to have you fly out before but we'll get together soon...

Jill Skouson said...

Fun! My family went on vacation there when we were little. I remember that mall very well. It was very cool! I'm so glad the suspense of knowing what you were doing and using is over : ) I'm reading Twilight right now. I'm not too far into it (I just started yesterday) but I really like it. I even stopped reading another book for now to read it! Thanks for the recommendation!