Monday, September 24, 2007

I Need Some Air!

Every night before I go to bed (in the basement)I like to open the window for a few minutes to get some fresh air. Last night I had my window only open for about 10 minutes before I had to close it because of the rain. This morning I got up and as I was getting ready I rushed around my room. As I was about to take a step I saw something squigle and squirm... it was a SNAKE!!! I hate snakes!!! I totally freaked out (especially because my bed is under the window so the snake had to have crawled through the bed with me). I ran upstairs to tell my MIL while she was teaching a piano lesson, she told my to wake my BIL up. He got up and after he caught it he told me he expected it to be a lot bigger... probably because of my screaming!!! When I got home from work today I scoured my room for more snakes, changed the sheets, and cleaned off anything it could have touched. I will not be opening my window until Dan gets home from his trip to put a screen on the window! Im not really sure how I will fall asleep tonight dreaming of snakes crawling all over me in bed!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

That's a great story! For sure blog worthy! Yuck!

Susie said...

YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!!! It just sends a shiver down my spine! Are you sure Dan didn't let it loose in your room to see your reaction?

Mandy said...

That's gross! I can just see you screaming and you BIL thinking you were dying!

Bobbie said...

That was great. Sorry it was funny. I dont like snakes either. Just the thought of it might have been in your bed was icky.
But on the window opening part, i have been open our windows the last two nights it been great. Miss you.

Mandy said...

ok I figured out how to make the playlist music smaller...but I am not sure if I can explain it...call me!

Johnson and Co. said...

I never knew snakes freaked me out till I went to a rattlesnake festival..... YIKES!
I ate some though... tastes like chicken

Anonymous said...

We get great big spiders that come in through the windows :( Even though Connor has a pet snake, I think that I would be totally creeped out if one crawled in my bed!! Make Dan put the screens up today-

PS I love getting to read about your family and seeing all the pics-

Diane said...

My kids slept one night in my mom's basement bedroom and there was a snake down there too. That room has forever been called the "snake room". Experiences like that are not soon forgotten. Makes for a good blog though!

Anonymous said...

hey chels sorry about the snake. and i think i peed thinking about you running around the house screaming. i hope my baby puppy is okay and you guys too. not much goin on here same ol sam ol. caelin is getting bigger everyday and my roots are getting longer everyday. when ya commin out? ne way just wanted to say hi love,amanda