Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My Cool Sisters


I have been lucky lately to see my family so much. My mom gave me this picture last weekend, and I realized how cool my sisters are! I remember growing up all girls (plus one daddy) and loving that I didnt have brothers. I remember someone teaching all of us to say we dont like boys because they are smelly! I loved that we could always share everything (except boyfriends!). Now that we have all grown up it is so fun to get together and see will still have so much in common and so much we can still learn from each other.
Mandy- I think my sister Mandy is cool because she is such a great example to all of us. She was always the peace maker in the family and still hates it when we dont get along (this usually only happens when we play cards!). She was married in the temple and is now raising two gorgous daughters. I love to watch what a great mom she is... I know she will come in handy when I need help with my own children someday! She is always calm, funny, and inviting. She never leaves anyone out. This is some of the things that make Mandy cool.
Lindsey- I think Lindsey is cool because she is so strong. I think she has always been that way, atleast as long as I can remember. I know there were times when I was really mean to her growing up and she always seemed to love me no matter what. When I was moving I found an old box of memorbilia. I found a banquet book from when Lindsey and I were in cheerleading together. On her page she wrote she loved me, thought I was her best friend, and how much she would miss me the next year.
She was such a strength to me in high school, and now when I see her she always seems so strong still. She is the Gospel Doctrine teacher in her ward (I dont think I could do that) and she knows who she is. I love that she has a strong love for the gospel and whats right. I love that she can be her own person... and she is never afraid to start a new fashion trend! This is what makes my sister Lindsey cool.
Whitney- i think Whitney is cool because she is an individual! As far as I can remember she has always been doing things her own way on her own time. When she was little everyone thought she was stubborn, but I think she has always just believed in herself. I love that nobody can really ruffle Whitneys feathers. I love the example she was to many when she was married in the temple this year. Whitney always looks cute in everything and is so fashion savvy. It has been neat to watch grow into becoming a wife and embracing her new family. This is what I think is cool about Whitney.
As you can see, I was so blessed to have three great sisters to always be my friends, even when I dont feel cool!

4 comments:

Jill Skouson said...

What a nice tribute to your sisters. I think you are very lucky. I love my brothers but I have always felt like I missed out a little bit by not having at least one sister.

Ashley @ {Let Go, Laughing} said...

That was a totally sweet post. You guys have an amazing family and I am so glad my family is such good friends with your family. You are so lucky to have those girls as your sister. All you girls are wonderful!
-Ashley

lacey said...

What a nice tribute to your sisters-
how I wish I knew you each better- I enjoyed reading what you loved about each of them, helping me to know them better-

Mandy said...

Thanks...what a surprise! I forgot to get that pic from mom!!! I love how close our family is! And how we get along most of the time! It is such a joy just to be all together and I am so happy that we can do it on more of a weekly and monthly basis than before!