Wednesday, April 18, 2007

bad night, good day

anyone who read my moms blog already knows i had a rough night, but because im dramatic i decided i would tell you the whole story!

a few months ago we caught our next door neighbor (who is totally creepy) in our side yard. it was probably harmless... but once again i am totally dramatic! last night i kept hearing weird noises so i did what i usually do when dan is on the road- i call my mom (i usually cant call dan because he has to get so much sleep before he flies the plane, last night he didnt hear the phone!). my mom talked to me while i walked through my whole house and turned on every light. at about 3:30 i heard what sounded like someone drilling a hole through my backyard wall into the house. i totally skipped over mom right to call 911 (my second 911 call since moving to this house 13 months ago- but thats a different story). the cops got there and the first thing i noticed was the creepy neighbor right behind them, fully dressed with socks and tennis shoes on! convienent he was totally dressed and outside when the cops got there??? they checked everything out and there were a few things moved around. times like this i hate living here without any family- i totally would have driven to spend the night at my inlaws if we lived there!!! i bought a lock for our gate today but i got home and they didnt fit!

after such a long night i had to get up early to go workout with my trainer. i just switched trainers and this one totally kicks my you know what! ive been with him 2 days in a row and i cant really walk!

here is the GREAT news. today i ran to the mall because i broke my face powder and needed to buy some more. i kind of looked around for a dress for whits wedding and i did something amazing...
I BOUGHT A DRESS OFF THE RACK IN A NORMAL STORE!!!
i went into ann taylor and i actually totally fit into the clothes! i dont rememeber the last time i bought something in a normal store that doesnt carry plus sizes (like nordstroms, old navy, ect.). i feel so good tonight, i kind of teared up a little telling dan about it... just knowing my hard work (and the pain of surgery) is really starting to pay off!

2nd good news-(for those of you who know my problem with stage freight when having to do urine test) i had to go get a drug test done for work today and i drank so much water that even with the lady in the room watching me i went right away! i wish i could have done that at the hospital last october!

i am so glad to see lindsey get back into posting! dont worry about last weekend, im sure i will catch up with you soon! hopefully i can sleep through the night tonight! love you!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

linz- i forgot to add that maybe if you feel guilty you could finally come see me and my house!

Susie said...

I hope you sleep well tonight cause I sure would like to sleeep well tonight!! I'm excited to see the dress you bought- way to go!

Debbie Bond said...

I am so excited about your dress and more excited because I know the feeling of going into a "normal" store and buying off the rack. People who do it all the time do not understand our excitement. Oh the simple joys of life. You are a brave sole to stay by yourself. I get really freaked out when Rich is gone. I am o.k. at night, but taking a shower is almost impossible for me when I am alone. I have started to lock the bathroom door and put a stool up against the door. I also keep my phone right next the the shower. If I ever fall and need help, the fire department will have to break down the door. !!! Keep up the good work. I started with a new trainer this week and I love the program he has me on. And remember sore is good.