Monday, March 19, 2007

MY CRAZY TRIP HOME

about 1-2 hours before i was going to head to the airport on sunday i got an automated phone call that said my flight was delayed and i would miss my connection, call to make different arrangments. i called the phone number right away and it said i would have a 30 to 40 minute wait on hold! mandy, emma, and i jumped in the car to see if i made it to the airport maybe i could make it on a different flight. no such luck. they booked me on a different airline for this morning.

when i got to the airport this morning they could not find my reservation! i waited in line at american for them to tell me to go back to us airways and wait in line there! when i got to us air i was a little upset, but i cant say much because if i make a big fuss they could take my flight privledges away, even though i wasnt using them! so the lady booked me to atlanta on delta, where i had to switch planes AND airlines (that was fun). in atlanta i was starving but i didnt have any cash and i had lost my credit card! i flew us air from atlanta to phoenix. when i got on the last flight a man sat right next to me and pulled out a big delux take out breakfast... he ate the whole think while i just drooled!

im really surprised my luggage made it to phoenix because it would be just my luck!!! i dont think this would have bothered me at all if i was flying non-rev, but i had a full fare ticket! i feel bad, i think i was stressing mandy out. when dan picked me up from the airport i got in the car and just starting bawling! he was such a nice guy, he picked up cafe rio for me on the way home (my favorite)!

i had such a great time on my trip, isnt the before church picture of emma and i so cute! i really enjoyed playing with her "friends" t-blossom, flower, julie, and merta. she is the most imaginitive little girl i have ever met. it is so fun for me to spend time alone with them, i really get to see what an amazing mother mandy is. i know im having a hard time with the whole having kids thing, but mandy makes me see how important it is. i was really amazed the grasp emma has on the church. mandy reads the book of mormon to her every night. on sunday while mandy was getting ready for church emma and i watched a book of mormon story movie. i was really surprised how well she knew the story! she is so smart! she also has the sweetest things to say. she always remembers to say i love you, she even gave me a kiss to hold in my hand for dan. i really feel lucky that i have such an amazing family that can always keep me grounded.

it was nice to see nellie when i got home, even though she is mad at me for leaving her. she wont be lovey to me for a few days after i pick her up! dan just left on his very last mesa trip... i dont think it could have come soon enough! im really excited for him to start at skywest, im just not looking forward to him being in ground school because he will be away so long.

i hope everyone else had a great weekend! hopefully the next one to go see mandy will have better luck with their flights!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Except for the whole trip home part, reading this tonight brought a smile to my face- I love seeing how much our family means to you and I can just imagine you and Emma playing. Love you, glad you made it home in one piece- what do I always say to you girls about having $20 when you travel?!

Debbie Bond said...

Chelsea - my heart breaks for you being hungrey on that long long day. You MUST always have money in your pocket when you travel. I am glad you finally got home. I hate traveling just because of things like what you went through. I am so glad you are home safe and sound. Don't worry about Nellie, she will come around - all it takes is a few dog treats to make them love you again. Debbie

Michele said...

Oh, that sounds like a miserable trip. It sounds like you had a fun time in Kentucky though, Emma looked like she was having a blast with you. Hope Nellie has warmed up to you by now :)