Friday, August 6, 2010

First Big Accident

Today I had my first big accident with one of my kids. They have been sick and things like that, but never had to be rushed to the doctor because they were hurt. We were playing at a friends house when Logan stepped backwards off their porch and smacked his face on the edge of the porch. He immediatly had blood dripping everywhere, including his new shirt and mine. I basically left Brynlee there and ran right out of the house and down to instacare. He was so brave, he had to get 7 stitches. He cried a little for his dad (who is out of town, of course), but he was so good and held still for 6 of the 7 stitches. It could have been that I promised him ice cream and a train if he was good. I just felt so bad for him! Our fun little bruch/playdate ended way too fast, I didn't even get any pictures there! We will have to do it again soon ladies!

He is so happy with everyone making a fuss over him
laying on the "sick couch" at Grandma's.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

poor little guy! We have yet to have that happen.

Sara said...

That first picture is so pitiful! Glad to see him smiling in the next.

Getting lots of special attention and treats is the only good thing about getting hurt. I'm so sorry Logan got hurt at our house. :( Chad wants to know if you're going to sue us? ;)

Claudine said...

I was thinking how sad it was that we didn't take pictures too, but considering all that was going on, taking pictures was the least of everyone's concerns! I'm so glad that he handled everything ok, what a brave boy!

Debbie Bond said...

Chel - we always had a "sicky couch" at our house when the kids were growing up. I sometimes think - although they were sick - lying on the couch and getting all the attention made it so much fun for my kids. So sorry to hear about Logan's accident - I want to say it is because he is a boy you can expect more, but girls somehow manage to have their fair share of injuries. Give him hug and kisses from Aunt Debbie.