Thursday, June 3, 2010

Worry


I sometimes worry that I am going to forget. Logan is growing up so fast, will I remember his soft little voice calling out "Mommy"?
Will I remember how it feels to kiss his squishy cheeks
or hold his little hand?
I want to remember how his soft giggle sounds like bells ringing to me,
and how he loves to say goodbye or night-night.
I need to remember the times I catch him singing to Brynlee or gently tucking her blanket around her.
I want to remember how he loves to dance and sing.
I want to remember when his favorite word was "cool". I want to learn how to stop and enjoy the sweet moments
when he wants to cuddle with me,when he needs me,
or when he sweetly asks me to help him.

I worry about what his life will hold.
Will he grow to be strong, healthy, loving, and gentle? Will he face amazing trials, or will he have an easier life?
Are we giving him the tools he needs to be a
strong, educated leader?

...but I think for now I will focus on holding that tiny man for as long as he will let me.

3 comments:

Jill Skouson said...

This is a very sweet post Chelsea :)

Jodie said...

So sweet! You are so right!

Jodie said...

So sweet! You are so right!