Monday, October 13, 2008

catching up

i have really slacked off on blogging, it has been a crazy few weeks. on sept 24th we left and went to vegas for a night. we stayed with my grandma and visited with my uncle paul, on the 25th i took my grandma with me to california. the next day we all loaded in the car for a drive up to fresno to visit my cousin, then turned around and drove home the next night!

we went to micheles for her little boys first birthday. it was so fun to visit (and a little crazy, imagine 7 women in a half off old navy sale) and michele did such a great job with lincolns birthday. i still cannot get over the cake! on our way up we stopped for lunch with my aunt diane and her youngest daughter ashley (she is a year older than me). ashley just had her second little daughter, she was so tiny!!! i dont remember logan ever being that small!

a few days after we got back to my moms whitney took me into her spa! it was just what i needed! i had an hour masage (whitney is tiny, but she is so strong!), then we sat in the sauna, and then we had an amazing bath... that sounded weird, not together. whit had a seaweed bath and i had a fango mud bath. they have 2 HUGE tubs to a room and it is quiet, the lights are dim, it was so relaxing! whitneys spa is really nice, im so ready to go back!

the night before we came home i got a message from my next door neibor (who was a friend of mandys in high school, what are the chances they live next door now? oh, and he was jons mission companion) that our basement had flooded! there was no way for anybody to get into our house and we just had to leave it over night! we keep all our scrapbooking stuff we sell on ebay down in our basement, i was really worried we would lose a lot of product but, fortunatly, nothing was damaged! we had about an inch of water in part of our basement but everything that was sitting in water was in plastic bins and didnt get wet! chad and sarah (my neibors) came and vacuumed it up right when i got home!

we stayed in california for 2 weeks, i was sad to go home but ready to see my puppy (she wasnt too pleased to see me after the spoiling she gets from lindsey and matthew!). within 2 days of getting home logan woke up in middle of the night with a temperature of 102.8! he just had a cold, but he has never been sick! so after a call to my mom at 4 am and a doctors visit we are doing ok. of course dan got the cold, and now im getting it while he is gone and i have no help! times like now i have a difficult time with dans job. he is working so hard right now, i hate to complain. i know it kills him to be away from logan, and with both jobs he basically works 7 days a week! he has been home for 2 anniversaries (we will have our 6th in december), 2 of the 6 christmas', 3 of my 7 birthday, and only 2 of his own. i try not to think poor me, he doesnt want to be away for any of those either! im really hoping next year will be better and he will have opportunities that allow him to be home more!
here are a bunch of pictures to go with my post!
logan was so good on the drive to fresno! he slept naked most of the time (it was SO hot!)
eating my moms couch watching football (he loves watching football, i guess i wont turn him into a girl after all)
asleep with grandpa on the couch
eating prunes, i felt so mean because you couldnt pay me to eat those!
all he wanted to do while he was sick was cuddle with me! where did fall go? it was 85 last week and saturday we woke up with snow! im really not ready for this!!! this is the field behind our housetime for cute warm church clothes!

3 comments:

Jill Skouson said...

You can feel a little sorry for yourself Chels :) That can really suck I'm sure. George had a job where he had to travel a lot. He was in Europe for one entire summer... or at least it felt like the entire summer... and I HATED it! I'm sure it gets so so old. I wish I lived closer so I could help you somehow. I hope you get feeling better soon and that Logan does too.

Wendyburd1 said...

what a cutie!!

Mandy said...

Cute, I can't believe how big he is getting!